Friday, March 2, 2012

Newest Addition

No, I am not talking about baby Lake #3. Her debut won't be for another three weeks at least. I am talking about the puppy Brandon brought home for Hannah today. Yes, you read that one correctly, I spelled p-u-p-p-y. As if having a newborn around wasn't going to be enough, we now have "tiny" as Hannah has joyfully named him.

Ever since Hannah's bestie got a puppy for her birthday, we have heard her talk about little else. She carries around plush pups every where she goes. She has a PINK pup, a brown one, a white one, a big old Rottweiler one. Sleeps with each. She loves to play puppy and has taught Zechy to join in on the fun. We "walk" our kids with leashes around the house with tongues panting. We give them treats when they "speak" and "roll-over." I have even indulged them (once) by letting them eat their dinner out of puppy bowls on the ground. They lapped up their milk happily and buried their noses into the food. It was quite comical to say the least.

For her birthday (coming up next month-three holy cow) she has asked consistently for a puppy. So, being a good mom, I had planned on buying her the all new and trendy Go-go Dog. A toy pup that eats, and can be walked around on a leash, and speaks. But no, Bid Daddy had to one up me with the real deal. And so Tiny has made his way into my little one's heart.

Mind you, we have a dog, "Samp" whom my children ADORE! Our faithful, loyal, good with kids, protective German Shepherd. But apparently he was just not enough. And My goodness, Even Sampson likes the pup.

Actually, Tiny's story is quite tragic, and Daddy seems extra heroic in it's rescue. You see, Tiny was being mistreated by some neighborhood punks while Brandon was visiting his Aunt. They were dragging the poor thing around by its neck-attached to two other dogs within the same collar. And so after the punk kids had their fun and ditched the mutts, his Aunt kept the two older dogs and Brandon brought home the "puppy-one" as Zechy affectionately calls him. Tiny is a really good dog and tolerated the abuse from my kids all day without so much as a scruff. Hannah carries him nonstop and we have to convince her that he can walk. Tonight, she got to give him "dinners" in a puppy bowl we bought, and before bedtime we took him outside to use the "potty-because that's where dogs go." The little pup wouldn't leave her side. No really, he sat right at her feet. I had Hannah go to the Grass and he came to her when she called him and wee'd like he was supposed to, then happily followed her back into the house. Hannah and I prepared a blanket in his "puppy bed" (kennel) placed next to her own bed, and kissed him goodnight on his wee little head after she prayed with her puppy. Then she tucked herself into bed and told me goodnight. I must confess, after 15 min. I peeked into her room (thinking that she would be playing with him) but they were both fast asleep.

Crap, I guess that means he's staying. :)

Meet Tiny

Hannah and the puppy-one. Notice that smile!

Puppy after his bath

Puppy, meet Brother Bear

Play time with Tiny

2 comments:

Jamie Stavenger said...

YOU ARE INSANE!!!

@Sklake said...

Did you see their faces? However could a mom say no?! :)